Description of function
Our client is currently resourcing for a Business Development & Operations Manager to join their dynamic organisation. This is a permanent opportunity based in Aberdeen.
Business Development -
Manages business development activities for the company driving sales activities and the acquisition of new business. Duties include -
- Responsible for heading up their expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients
- Drive peak performance and sales success across the organisation
- Create, negotiate and close out commercial agreements
- You will be instrumental in devising and implementing the strategy for meeting sales performance targets
Operational Responsibilities -
- Show an understanding of the challenges facing the industry at present and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility to the highest possible standards of service, in terms of quality, safety, hygiene and responsiveness.
- Constantly reviewing and analysing operational procedures and processes to ensure that the most efficient and cost-effective methods are being used.
- Actively seeking out new opportunities within the facility for which you are responsible, identifying where the Company may offer a better value-for-money service.
- Engaging with the Client to understand the general strategy with regards to operational requirements, budget constraints and future operational needs.
- Managing and inspiring your own team into delivering the highest standards of service and hospitality.
- Providing individual coaching and on-the-job team development.
- Reporting on quality management, health & safety and financial matters to both the Client and the workforce.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment throughout the workplace by ensuring that all colleagues follow Client, Regulatory and Company safety and environmental standards.
- Determining day-to-day arrangements with Clients in advance, to help generate good working relations.
- Planning menus that meet contract specifications and remain within cost control budgets.
- Overseeing the purchase and storage of foodstuffs, cleaning materials and provisions to ensure compliance with company standards and legal requirements.
- Operating the ISO Management System in accordance with Company Quality Policy.
- Managing all colleagues under your control to ensure that they meet the required level of competence in their job allocation, dress and personal hygiene.
- Holding regular meetings with colleagues in order to discuss workloads, priorities, schedules and to generally discuss overall team performance.
- Facilitating communications by delivering engaging and informative presentations to both the Client and colleagues.
- Managing the process for ‘Innovative Change’ effectively.
- Managing Clients’ expectations and engaging with them in your development efforts.
Reporting Structure -
- To arrange three-monthly status meetings with Clients.
- To complete all regular reporting procedures in compliance with the Company control procedures.
- Regular visits offshore
- To complete all internal inspections, audits and Client control documentation, as per the agreed schedule.
- To comply with Clients’ Safety/Environmental Management System and to act as Team Leader for all Musters, Emergence Response Exercises and First Aid Support Services.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven business development manager who is used to working to targets
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- Previous Operations Management experience
- Experience within the Offshore Catering/Hospitality Industry