Description of function
The Business Development and Sales Manager is responsible for developing business and meeting sales plan revenue goals for the UK and Europe marketplace.
- Present and sell products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Prospect, identify and qualify new sales opportunities.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including sales pipeline, activities, revenue projections, lead generation and adherence to goals.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts as assigned.
- Perform onsite and web product demonstrations.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Develop new products and services for market in conjunction with the relevant departments
- Coordinate cross-departmental resources to assist with customer requests.
- Work in conjunction with other department resources including consultants.
- Work with corporate partners to identify sales opportunities
- Organise resources and perform onsite client visits.
- Attend industry trade shows as needed.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years sales and/or business development experience.
- Degree in business, marketing or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in selling service-based healthcare solutions in the medical support services industry strongly preferred.
- Experience and proven track record of selling in a complex sale environment; consultative and strategic selling experience preferred
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Demonstrated success selling into c-suite/executive level management
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work independently, effectively manage time, set priorities and meets target goals; previous remote working experience preferred
- Works with a sense of urgency and has the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work irregular hours to ensure effective communications with international Headquarters.
- Ability to accurately and consistently record all sales activities on CRM system.
- Outstanding sales skills to include presentation skills, both verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced level of sales technologies to include conceptual, strategic, and product selling ability.
- Knowledge and experience working with a database Client Relationship Management platform (i.e. SalesForce, Netsuite, etc).
Computer Skills -
Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office applications and general computer and technology literacy.