Description of function
The Business Manager will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, activities and development of the business. Reporting to the CEO you will be part of the senior management team with line management responsibility for the Administration and Sales functions. Acting as account manager for our larger clients you will be responsible for service delivery and reporting in line with KPIs.
- Ability to manage the commercial and financial aspects of the business.
- Part of authorisation chain for all pricing and cost management.
- Overall responsibility for operational management, including recommending the financial direction whilst acknowledging the commercial objectives in line with strategy and growth plans as well as the competitive environment.
- Maintaining relationships with key client accounts: attending review meetings, increasing their value, ensuring KPIs and targets are met.
- Lead and proactively manage client relationships by ensuring trust and integrity.
- Actively encourage collaborative working within the Administration and Finance teams.
- Assisting the sales executive with the response process for all Invitation to Tenders (ITTs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in liaison with the Administration Teams.
- Supporting the sales executive/s in new business generation activities, including meetings and presentations.
- Providing support, guidance and assistance to the Administration Manager.
- Promoting a positive culture throughout the organisation working closely with all departments to ensure excellent client service.
- Working with the onshore Team to maintain alignment within the business objectives as identified in the ISO management review.
- Participating in company Strategic Management Meetings, operational Management
- Meetings, the Continuous Improvement Group.
- Responsibility for managing the team to maintain accreditations including the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO 9001/2015), Health Improvement Scotland (HIS).
- Oversight of recruitment, induction and training for staff and medics.
- Oversight of the updates to the company profile and information on the company website, social media and FPAL.
- Preparing and presenting reports for the Management Team
- Adhere to the processes and policies as outlined in the company Quality Management System.
- Be pro-active in managing workplace health and safety.
- Communicate effectively including the ability to listen.
- Handle issues and complaints in a positive and calm manner.
- Strong team development and people management skills.
- Uphold the highest standards of confidentiality and discretion and have an awareness of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the way that it can affect the business and steps to be taken to resolve issues.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of different business functions including finance and HR.
- Knowledge of corporate financial systems and capital expenditure management.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Highly organised with a strong work ethic.
- Proactive nature and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate fluently and concisely both orally and in the written form.
- Good interpersonal skills, critical thinker, good logic and reasoning skills to be able to identify weaknesses and strengths with alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent line management skills and the ability to plan for the long term (succession planning).
- Ability to work under pressure to get things done.
- Ability to constantly balance business operations and development with customer expectations, profit growth delivery and compliance.
- Ability to develop long term business relationships and to apply this knowledge for the growth and development of the business
- Competent negotiator with high levels of resilience, drive and tenacity
- Proven track record of leading and directing business growth.
- Knowledge of the energy industry.
- Degree or equivalent degree level in a business discipline.
- Full driving licence.