Description of function
The role is to control and report on all costs relating to a large EPCI project. Responsible for co-ordination, development, implementation and maintenance of cost controlling from inception to close out of the project. The position is standalone with no direct reports.
The main duties associated with the role, include but are not limited to:-
- Ensure all accounting information relating to the project is accurate.
- Maintain cost reports for actual/budget expenditure.
- Client billing/queries.
- Credit control of client receivables.
- Monthly management meeting and project status reporting.
- Budget and forecast preparation.
- Perform monthly cost sensitivity analysis, economical analysis and deviation reporting.
- Administration of variation orders.
- Other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Focal point for all cost related matters relating to the project.
- Liaison with project manager/operations manager/finance department as required.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to collate accurate cost data.
- Review sub-contractor invoices.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Cost controller experience ideally from working on EPCI projects.
- Ability to work on your own and meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of accounting processes.
- Previous accountancy/cost control experience.
- Good attention to detail and time management skills.
- High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to reconcile cost information.