- Monitor and report drilling expenditure daily to internal management and our Joint Venture (JV) Partners.
- The goal of drilling the cost-effective wells.
- Develop and produce cost reports for submission to the drilling team, JV Partners, and management and the corporate office to explain the drilling cost performance.
- Verifies invoices, which includes code, contract compliance, checking against commitment, budget levels.
- Initiate plans for the Improvement of company systems and procedures for cost control.
- Assist the drilling department with the preparation of Authorizations for Expenditure ("AFEs"), particularly as regards developing realistic cost estimates for activity line items within each AFE.
- Operate and maintain detailed systems and written procedures for the control of CAPEX in excess of a certain amount per year that will satisfy the requirements of quality accreditation and periodic audits.
- Maintain historical drilling and completion cost/expenditure records and data against which trends may be measured and estimates developed.