Description of function
The Document Controller will manage data and document on behalf of the company and its clients in accordance with any contractual arrangements and/or regulatory and legal compliance. The document controller will be the key support in the maintenance of the company’s business management system (BMS) ensuring documents are created and signed, that all data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and retention policies are followed.
The main duties associated with the role, include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the BMS System, scanning, filing, and archiving Company documents in accordance with document management controls, standards, processes and procedures to ensure documents can be retrieved efficiently
- Ensure all data and information is in the Company BMS System is correct, complete and up to date and revisions are clearly implemented, recorded and issued
- Responsible for all project document control within the Company
- Responsible for company document control registers and document numbering
- Advising departments on how to manage document lifecycles to ensure that there is a clear audit trail of how documents are approved
- Coaching staff on document control processes and procedures
- Miscellaneous administrative as required, including answering the telephone, greeting guests, and assisting with correspondence and mailings.
- Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company
- Actively promoting and complying with key Company behaviours
- Responsible for maintaining a safe place of work