Description of function
- To operate safe, efficient and commercial recycling facility. Manage the Company’s Recycling Asset – to ensure that they safely comply with all legislative, statutory and Company requirements and they meet and exceed agreed Business Plans and P&L.
- To lead, motivate, manage and develop the recycling Asset management teams under your control in line with the Company’s strategic aims and the company values and behaviours.
- To lead and manage directly ensuring the efficient, compliant and profitable operation of the facility.
- Manage, via site teams, the day to day operation of the functions ensuring that all Health and Safety, Environmental, Site Permit, Site Licence, Personnel and other legislation is adhered to.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are conducted on activities within area of responsibility ensuring that the Safe Systems of Work are in place, trained and applied. Also that the necessary procedures, rules and regulations designed to achieve this are formulated, published and applied.
- Provide written instructions of Safe Systems of Work outlining potential hazards and Control Measure, and ensure they are complied with. Ensure accident and near-miss reporting procedures are understood and complied with, assist and Coach with accident investigations where appropriate.
- Personally lead the embedding and development of a positive safety culture at all levels across your area of responsibility.
- Lead by example to build engaged workforce ensuring there are adequate levels of skills, expertise and resource in the facility through effective workforce planning, performance management, talent reviews and succession plans.
- Management of the quality operations including output specification controls for all processed commodities at the facility. Manage and monitor compliance of Off-Taker requirements and shipping requirements.
- To optimise output from the MRF’s balancing cost against revenue through the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) and best practice working. Ensure the compilation of relevant financial information for setting budgets and forecasting as required. To provide financial information and reports to ensure the efficient running of the facility.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and industry good practice and company procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, EMS system, IMS system, management guide and any financial accounting systems.
- Co-ordinate and develop Assets by interfacing with other Company departments and develop and maintain excellent relationships with key clients across the UK.
- Keep informed of industry developments, technological advances and operational practices and use these where appropriate to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the business unit.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- KE1 - Extensive and proven knowledge and experience of Process based operations.
- KE2 - Knowledge of UK and EU legislative (e.g. H&S, environmental) and technological constraints and developments.
- KE3 - Knowledge of financial systems and capital expenditure management.
- KE4 – Extensive people management experience within a large Process Facility at management level.
- KD1 – Experience of the MRF/MPT sector in UK and Internationally
- SE1 – Strong Health & Safety background
- SE2 – Implementation of new systems and procedures.
- SE3 – Working to strict time lines under pressure.
- SE4 – Ability to think and act strategically in short, medium and long term horizons reacting to constant changes in market pressures and cycles, government policy and initiatives and legislative developments.
- SE5 – Excellent line management skills and the ability to plan for the long term (succession planning).
- SE6 – ability to constantly balance business operations and development with customer expectations, profit growth delivery and compliance
- SE7 - strong leadership and an inspirational management style, strong communications
- EE1 – Good business experience across a range of waste management or other production related activities.
- EE2 – Extensive people management experience within a large department/region at senior level.
- EE3 – Practical Implementation of a Corporate Management System.
- ED1 – Worked within busy environment with many time pressures being imposed.
- ED2 – Knowledge of ICT and its interface with modern business.
- QE1 – Full driving licence.
- QE2 – NEBOSH General Certificate in health and safety or equivalent
- QD1 – Good level of education including GCSE in English and Maths (at grade C or above), or equivalent.