Description of function
Initially working remotely, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all technical aspects throughout the project life cycle, from project initiation at invitation to tender stage, contract signature, project planning, execution, to project close out.
- Detailing the technical solutions handed over at contract award stage such that they are fully developed and able to be executed.
- Completion and coordination of all necessary project technical document deliverables required to allow project execution.
- Ensure project specific mobilisations are planned and completed in a safe, cost effective and timely matter.
- Management of the fabrication cycle for project specific items to ensure contractual obligations, budgets, QA/QC standards and schedules are met
- Support the project execution phase of the project at work sites as required to ensure that the plan is executed and any deviations from plan are controlled.
- Ensure project close out is performed in a controlled manner with all project assets and lessons captured and handed over correctly.
- Ensure all support is delivered on time, at optimum cost and to a level appropriate for the task in hand.
- Liaison with internal departments and 3rd party clients/subcontractors to build on-going relationships.
- Take a “Lead Engineer” level of control and accountability in terms of delivering projects / multiple discrete packages of work.
Tender support as required –
- Development of optimal technical solutions around available company assets in response to client tender scopes.
- Presentation of technical solutions as required, satisfying the tender process and ensuring that competitive edge is highlighted at all stages to maximize awards.
- Apply strong commercial logic to the technical solutions developed to ensure that they are aligned with the client and company expectations and are fit for purpose.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering (Desirable)
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Essential)
- Extensive subsea construction experience with exposure to burial and/or trenching scopes
- Experience co-ordinating offshore scopes of work as a Project Engineer or similar