Description of function
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the WorkSmart strategy. As the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing all installation, repair and upkeep of the facilities.
- Duties will include maintaining machinery, planning repair activities, and developing maintenance procedures in line with company policies.
- Manages all aspects of maintenance and lead the teams in resolving problems as they arise whether directly or by assembling teams to solve those issues.
- Working in partnership with the production team to achieve overall equipment effectiveness.
- The Maintenance Manager will coordinate all activities and optimise plant availability, performance and quality by identifying areas of improvement.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are delivered effectively and on time by the maintenance team.
- To plan and execute corrective maintenance projects during periods of downtime.
- Perform troubleshooting, route cause analysis and continuous improvement to solve complex failures and repair issues.
- Implementation and delivery of maintenance improvement plans and ensure effective communication to all levels and stakeholder engagement.
- Manage and develop third party relationships, ensuring effective service contracts are in place and demonstrate best value.
- Deliver the maintenance strategy within the agreed budget.
- Continuous review and development of safety and maintenance procedures.
- Ensure all department workers adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- Where required collate and communicate accurate levels of information relating to maintenance cost, timescales and risks to assist and influence decision making.
- Provide daily and weekly updates to Production and Unit manager in line with key KPI’s (planned maintenance, compliance, defect and risk management and resource allocation)
- Identify and maintain strategic spares inventory on site.
- Identify and implement Capital Maintenance Plan.
Key Relationships –
- Reporting directly to the Unit Manager.
- Direct line management of four supervisors
- Responsible for the overall site maintenance team consisting of 9 technicians plus the 4 supervisor
- Maintain close working relationships with the production, quality, safety and compliance teams
- Supported by Engineering Operations and Projects delivery teams.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- KE1 – Safety and environmental policies, procedures and regulations
- KE2 – In depth understanding of a strategic approach to engineering and maintenance
- KE3 – Understands how lean concepts fit within the production and maintenance environment
- KE4 - Good understanding of engineering best practice
- KE5- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations. (PUWER, LOLER, Working at height etc)
- KD1 – Understands waste management operations
- KD2 – Knowledge of budget structures and delivery
- KD3 – Knowledge of Anaerobic Digestion (AD) / Waste Water equipment
- KD4 – Site permitting and planning
- SE1 – Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- SE2 – Confident and able to make decisions in the absence of other leaders
- SE3 – IT literate, able to analyse data and produce detailed reports
- SE4 – Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise work loads
- SE5 – Proven management skills
- SE6 – Able to lead and motivate others
- SE7 – Analytical approach to problem solving
- SE8 – Good fault finding and troubleshooting
- SD1 - Conflict resolution skills
- SD2 – Managing Change
- EE1 – Relevant engineering background
- EE2 – Demonstration of relevant management experience
- EE3 – Previous experience working within a process, production or manufacturing environment
- ED1 – Experience with in the Waste Management Industry
- ED2 – Experience of managing and delivering budgets
- ED3 – Previous RCM or Lean experience
- ED4 – CMMS systems
- QE1 – Completed apprenticeship (NVQ level 3) in an appropriate engineering skill or possession of a HNC/HND in a relevant discipline
- QE2 - Driving Licence
- QD1 – Degree in engineering discipline
- QD2 – Formal RCM/Lean qualification or equivalent
- QD3 – Health and Safety qualifications
- QD4 – Environmental qualification
- QD5 – Formal Management qualification