Description of function
The Medic provides medical services to all crew members and is on call 24/7 when on-board the vessel.
- Ensures that the stock of medical and nursing supplies is kept at the required level at all times.
- Arrange any required Medevac cases in accordance with Client protocols
- Maintain patient confidentiality always, supported with clear and concise medical records in line with Company Records and Record Keeping Policy
- Maintain the sickbay attendance log, including Patient information on medications taken and known allergies
- Management of clinical waste and routine cleaning of the sick bay
- Ensure all medical equipment are functional, regularly inspected and maintained, including calibration of required items in accordance with manufacturers guidelines
- Lead first aid team and co-ordinate all first aid team activities and regular training
- The Medic is responsible for the organization of preventative healthcare
- Supervision of physical and mental health of personnel
- Administration of first aid treatment
- Supervision of medical emergency preparedness procedures
- Control of hygienic standard on the rig, and registration of chemicals and medical substances.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Registered nurse with experience from the emergency department, paramedic or similar
• Valid Offshore Survival & Medical Certification
• Experience in Offshore Subsea Industry
• Reporting skills
• Organizational skills
• Computer literacy
• Strong team player
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
• Analysis and problem solving