Description of function
To assume full management responsibility for the plant operations within ensuring at all times that they operate in accordance with statutory legislation, environmental obligations and Company procedures. The job holder must ensure that internal and external customer service levels are met in an efficient, profitable and safe manner. Manage operating costs, preparation of monthly forecasts and budgets.
- Ensure that the operations meet or exceed customer requirements are operated safely, and that budgets are controlled in order to ensure contribution levels.
- To lead, direct and motivate the staff across all sites ensuring excellent customer service for the client.
- To plan, communicate and work with the client to ensure a proficient work practice across the contract.
- Responsibility for implementing and reviewing measures to improve operations across all sites.
- To implement and maintain procedures to ensure compliance with all legal requirements applicable to areas of responsibility including compliance with all permits, licence and consent conditions at all times. To maintain compliance in all ISO standards.
- To continuously improve safety instructions and procedures, reporting any unsafe practices, accidents or incidents. Assist in the development of a safety culture across all sites.
- To carry out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PAR’s) of all those direct reports.
Key Job Elements –
- To prepare budgets as required and to ensure budgeted costs are achieved or bettered.
- To ensure that waste material meets the highest speciation and maximum rebate is achieved.
- To deliver operational compliance with all administration and management systems.
- Ensure facilities are adequately staffed and new employees are recruited as per company procedures.
- Ensure Management presence across the facilities on a consistent basis.
- Good knowledge of Environmental and Health and Safety Law, Site Permits and relevant Company Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- To deliver continuous improvement and development in all areas of responsibility.
- Supervision and training of site employees, as per Information Management System procedures and other Company policies.
- To be available by telephone for emergency call out with response where required.
- To prepare routine and specific reports and forecasts.
- To remain client focused and attend associated client meetings across the contract representing operations.
- To support other contracts within the business.
- Ensure a collaborative approach to running the contract across all the business functions.
- To oversee the bulk haulage business unit and ensure that the contract is managed within scope and all customers requirements are met.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of H&S regulation and safe systems of work.
- Previous Operations Management experience.
- Knowledge of Gatehouse system.
- Knowledge of Company P&L
- CPC Qualification
- A proven track record of management across multiple facilities/depots
- Previous experience of training new, temporary and existing employees.
- Experience in managing similar business operations.