Description of function
Our client is resourcing for an Operations Manager to support them at their site in Sheffield.
The Operations Manager is responsible for operating safe, efficient, and commercially mature asset facilities. You will be required to manage the Company’s Asset – to ensure that they safely comply with all legislative, statutory and Company requirements and that they meet and exceed agreed Business Plans and P&L.
You will also lead, motivate, manage and develop the management team in line with the company’s strategic aims and the company values and behaviours.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive and proven knowledge and experience of Process based operations
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislative (e.g. H&S, environmental) and technological constraints and developments
- Knowledge of financial systems and capital expenditure management
- Extensive people management experience within a large Process Facility at management level
- Good business experience across a range of operations management or other production related activities
- Extensive people management experience within a large department/region at senior level
- Practical Implementation of a Corporate Management System
- Full driving licence
- NEBOSH General Certificate in health and safety or equivalent
- Excellent line management skills and the ability to plan for the long term (succession planning)
- Strong leadership and an inspirational management style, strong communications