Description of function
To deliver key project variables related to all aspects of Project Controls. Ensuring that the project controls department leads and supports the corporate business objectives in line with company standards.
Responsible for co-ordination, development, implementation and maintenance of cost controlling and revenue maximisation scheduling issues of the project from inception to close out. Reporting to the Commercial Manager.
The main duties associated with the role, include but are not limited to:
- Provide commercial guidance to ensure that operations staff are fully aware of the implications of business decisions.
- Maximise business value by managing and where appropriate minimising the company’s exposure to risk and ensure these are dealt with appropriately.
- Identify and highlight firm contract reviews areas where the business is exposed to risk and ensure these are dealt with appropriately.
- Review current contractual arrangements.
- Initiate and agree customer invoicing in line with commercial and contractual arrangements.
- Assist in the development in annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Participate in resolution of commercial and contractual disputes with customers.
- Provide support to Proposals and be part of the tender process where appropriate.
- Assist in production and management of financial and management reports.
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with other relevant departments to raise commercial awareness.
- Ensuring all work carried out within the business unit is in accordance with Company SHEQ procedures.
- Participate in the review of existing departmental procedures and delivering where necessary new proposals.
- Attend and participate in all project meetings.
- Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a similar role.
- Computer literate with proficient use of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of data interface requirements with other project systems.
- Knowledge of the relevant work processes.
- Accuracy / strong attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates methodical and precise approach to handling data.
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- QHSE / Emergency response.