Description of function
The objective of the Project Engineer is to assist the Project Manager with the preparation and accompaniment of project activities undertaken as part of the scope of work and within contractual agreements with the client and with care for HSE, price and quality.
- Preparing projects with schedules, deck plans, basic engineering tasks, procedures etc.
- Selection and tracking of Company rental equipment
- Collaborate with the Asset Manager and Head of Technical Department to ensure the provision of sufficient plant and equipment to maintain the project schedule at optimum cost
- Coordinate transports, crew changes and (de)mobilisations
- Chair and minute project team meetings
- Establish close working relationships with the project managers and support staff to ensure the efficient execution of assigned projects and strengthened through regular project progress meetings
- Procure materials and services to suit project specifications and contracting principles, including seeking support from the Purchaser
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage the administration and logistics matters on the project, by collaborating with finance, logistics and administration personnel as required
- Track variations on the contracted scope of work and issue variation orders on request of the project manager
- Ensure that the project schedules are maintained, according to procedures and within allocated budget
- Provide technical expertise within the project teams
- Prepare and review technical reports and procedures
- Optimise the operational gross margin and control over expenditure
- Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company
- Prepare and review technical sections and timings for commercial proposals
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or master degree in (Civil, mechanical, hydrographical or marine) Engineering with affinity for the offshore industry and interest in diving.
- A flexible attitude, self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent Time Management skills and ability to prioritise to achieve deadlines