Description of function
Responsible for the Preparation, Execution and Evaluation of assigned Project Contracts. To ensure high quality projects are delivered in compliance with company policies and industry guidelines and/or standards.
As a member of the Projects Department you are responsible for, and shall contribute to achieving the common goals of the Projects Department as well as the Business Unit in general.
You shall conduct business in an ethical and responsible manner, at all times serving the interest of the company. You will act in line with the Company’s corporate policies and procedures.
You are responsible to timely involve the respective critical functions within your Business Unit and within the Company in your day to day activities should circumstances dictate prudency to do so.
All activities under your responsibility must remain in line with the SHE policy.
Provide Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Leadership and Ensure One Way of Working
- Provide leadership towards achieving the “No Incident, No Accident” objectives of company and comply with SHE-Q policies with the ultimate aim of zero personal accidents, zero damages to equipment, assets or property, zero incidents and no environmental impact;
- All activities of the project must be in accordance with the Company Management System.
- Provide input to further develop and improve the Management System.
Provide Resources, Leadership, Coaching and Management of Relations
- Lead, coach and motivate the Project Team Onshore and Project Team Offshore.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the client;
- Liaise with internal support departments, amongst which but not limited to: Crewing, Assets and Operations, Procurement and Logistics, Engineering, Legal, Tax, Insurance, Finance, Survey, Engineering, Commercial, Tender and Fleet department;
- Liaise with the “Main Asset” from time of hand-over, to project preparation, execution, evaluation, to hand-over;
- Responsible for subcontractor and supplier control, and for evaluating subcontractors and suppliers;
- Ensure sufficient time and resources to execute the works safely and efficient.
Manage the Contract, Ensure Contractual Awareness and Show Entrepreneurship
- Observe and seize opportunities for work in variation orders or work following from current work, with the approval of the Manager Projects and/or Business Unit Manager;
- Manage the contract, signal variation orders and log agreements with the client prior the execution of variation orders, with the approval of the Manager Projects and/or Business Unit Manager;
- Ensure document control management and logging all formal communication with potential significant contractual impact with the Client in the Project Query Register;
- Ensure controlled execution of the Contract by establishing and implementing the Diving Project Plan.
Keep Finances under Control
- You are responsible for establishing the project budget, arranging the budget control report within 5 working days of completion of the project or the end of the month (whichever comes first), invoicing and timely approval of purchase orders, arranging insurance and handling bank guarantees.
Ensure Risk Management & Prompt Follow-up of Control Actions
- You are responsible for Risk Management and follow-up of actions stemming from the Risk Management process throughout all stages of the project.
Arrange Emergency Response, Incident and Accident Investigation, and Non-Conformance management
- Ensure proper Emergency Response procedures are in place and tested (e.g. by drills);
- Ensure that all incidents are investigated and reported correctly and timely and that corrective and preventive actions are implemented promptly;
- Ensure that any non-conformity once identified and reported on site and/or on the project is corrected;
- Ensure a periodic review of all reported non-conformities;
- Ensure proper and prompt follow-up of corrective actions.
Contribute to our Learning Organization
- You are to take responsibility over the Lessons Learned process including, but not limited to: the organization of the wash-up meeting and the project
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master degree;
- Extensive experience in project, finance, contract and stakeholder management;
- Extensive experience in relevant C, B, A projects or a part of A+ projects.
- Managerial or lead engineering experience in technical environment;
- Preferable experience in Offshore Subsea Industry;
- Management / coaching skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Language skills: English at a professional level;