Description of function
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager with Subsea Cable Installation experience to join our client managing Fibre Optic Cable Installation scopes of work.
- To deliver assigned packages of work and projects in accordance with statutory, contractual, procedural and budgetary constraints.
- To execute these projects in a professional, diligent and ethical manner
- To identify and manage project risks
- To maximise project margin and internal asset utilisation
- Execute all projects in compliance with company Business Management System, Governing Documentation, Processes and Procedures with particular reference to the company Project Model and all associated procedures.
- Lead and motivate the project team, other departments and third party suppliers to ensure objectives and schedules are met in a safe and effective manner.
- Establish and maintain a project culture of positivity, openness and inclusivity.
- Manage, plan, schedule, and organize onshore and offshore teams, assets, suppliers and services to safely deliver all aspects of the company project life cycle including onshore engineering and preparation, mobilisation, offshore execution and close out
- Establish, implement, and report project budgets clearly defining all areas of cost, revenue, threats, opportunities and other areas of concern.
- Define the scope of work and budgets of internal departments necessary for project so that they are aware of the workload expected and are capable of meeting the defined project milestones.
- Ensure that deliverables are developed in accordance with company best practices and properly checked and approved by appropriate personnel prior to their onward submission.
- Promptly identify, submit and agree Claims and Variation Orders in accordance with contractual time limits
- Effectively manage project procurement including subcontractor selection and package delivery.
- Review supplier and subcontractor invoices to ensure correctness. Promptly follow up and resolve any disputes and discrepancies
- Ensure that invoices are produced, submitted and paid on a timely basis. Follow up any disputes to arrive at an early settlement /resolution.
- Provide concise and accurate cost and revenue reporting to suit financial reporting calendars.
- Continually evaluate project performance identifying best practices, non-conformances and areas for improvement. Record and distribute lessons learnt
- Develop close relationships with key decision makers and influencers within customer teams to identify new commercial opportunities
- Deliver and support other discrete packages of work as may be required on a time-to-time basis. Consistently promote and maintain acceptable standards of conduct and work performance for all company and third party personnel working on the project
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors / Masters educated in a relevant engineering / management discipline
- A chartered professional with a relevant professional body
- PRINCE2 practitioner, PMI, PMP or APM PMQ qualification
Essential Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience as a Project Manager in the oil and gas, subsea construction or other related industry
- Experience of using planning software such as MS Project and/or Primavera P6
- IT literate including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Understands a range of different construction contracts and vessel charters and their application in a variety of situations
- Applies appropriate time management skills and can prioritise workload when necessary
- Takes full ownership of project schedules and budgets
Desirable Qualifications or Equivalent Experience
- Level 4 Qualification in Project Management
- Professional Membership with APM
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent management and motivation skills
- Is a decisive thinker
- Able to deploy influencing and negotiating skills