Description of function
Responsible for interfacing with the client and allocating project resources, developing the project plan and ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable SHEQ standards.Responsible for interfacing with the client and allocating project resources, developing the project plan and ensuring that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable SHEQ standards.
- Perform risk management within Contracts, including SHE and Commercial, ensuring risks are identified, assessed and demonstrably mitigated
- Input to the development and implementation of the strategy for the project, including both Commercial and Technical aspects
- Ensuring all work carried out within the contracts is in accordance with Company SHEQ Procedures and legislative requirements
- Ensure that the project work scope is executed in accordance with Company agreed processes and procedures, the contract, client procedures, relevant certifying authority requirements, legislation and industry standards
- Responsible for budgets and project expenditure (approving all spends).
- Ensure successful commissioning, handover and closeout of the project to client and/or operations as appropriate
- Where applicable, deliver relevant KPIs within the project as specified by the client
- Manage the project personnel, ensuring the best utilisation of resources
- Promote other Company services which are relevant to the project and develop further business opportunities for the Company.
- Endeavour to achieve all pre-determined project deliverables in a timely and high quality manner
- Act as the main focal point and liaison between the Company and the Client for all communication relating to their project
- Review and approve all project documentation and ensure it is issued in a timely manner.
- Controlling and ensuring that subcontractor personnel, e.g. ROV Contractor, Mobilisation Contractor, etc., labour is readily available and effectively manage all plant and equipment requirements, ensuring the correct equipment for the job is supplied
- Ensuring all project personnel are aware of and acting in accordance with Company policies, rules, regulations and legislation
- Any other task within your capabilities as reasonably requested by the Company
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas sector
- Proven project engineering experience in the engineering industry
- Working knowledge of Offshore Survey activities, with experience of HSE, IMCA and ADC rules
- Knowledge of ROV operations
- Knowledge of risks associated with various diving workscopes and locations
Additional Skills/ Qualities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise to achieve deadlines
- Computer literate
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Qualified to HND / Degree level in a suitable Engineering Discipline, Project Management or Business Studies