Description of function
In consultation with the Lead Contract Specialist, review scopes of work, develop suitable pricing structures, prepare tender documents with suitable conditions whilst ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Conduct the full end to end contracting process from concept to close-out
- Formulate suitable tender strategies depending upon the scope, value, type and time schedule, with inclusion of the proposed bidders list for committee approval.
- Develop, issue and administer tenders for approved strategies and required contracts.
- Coordinate technical evaluations, conduct commercial evaluations, and obtain Bid
- Committee approval for award. Prepare Letters of Intent, Contracts and Change Orders.
- Actively participate in strategy formulation and drafting of contract strategies for approval.
- Draft tender documents in collaboration with the project team members. Review technical documents for inclusion within tenders and propose amendments to align with contract requirements and terminology. Assist Projects team in selecting criteria for bid evaluation.
- Perform bid administration functions: coordinate responses and issuance of clarifications and amendments to tenders. Conduct overall review of the technical bids for completeness, follow-up with tenderers for missing documents and facilitate technical/ commercial clarifications.
- Arrange and coordinate technical evaluation of bids by Projects team members. Finalize technical evaluation submissions and obtain approval for the commercial bid opening.
- Prepare price comparisons and sensitivity analysis for complex price structures to obtain the best commercial option. Propose recommended bidder for award through consultation with Lead Contracts Specialist. Prepare Bid Committee submission to obtain approval for commercial evaluation and award of the contract.
- Conduct day to day administration and management of contracts, correspondence and documents filing - hard copy and electronic, recording and management of minutes of meeting, etc.
- Analyse and make recommendation to the Lead Contracts Specialist for the analysis of entitlement to Variations and settlement of claims, time extension requests etc.
- Post contract administration of Change Orders, settlement of disputes, claims, etc.
- Through consultation with the Lead Contracts Specialist, advise in implementing contract requirements and interpreting contract terms
- Ensures that completion certificates and performance evaluations are prepared and duly signed upon completion of contracted work.
- Obtain feedback from projects team for implementing future improvements in contracts.
- Champion implementation of Company safety, security, environment and quality policies and programs in contracting.
- Reports to the Lead Contracts Specialist – Projects, on assignments and business matters.
- Exhibits and maintains professional relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Exhibits and maintains professional working relationships with all Company Staff.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Engineering / Supply Chain / Sciences or related field,
- MCIPS or other equivalent designations and credentials will be an advantage.
- 10 years minimum professional experience in Pre and Post Award Contract Management in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong planning and coordination skills.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality results.
- Experience in working in large multi-national corporations will be an advantage.
- Occasional travel to Kurdistan Region of Iraq and other locations of Company operations may be required.