Description of function
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Contracts Manager provides front line legal support to the Company's sales and services teams.
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for supporting transactions for the sale and support of the
Company’s products and services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Advises, drafts and negotiates agreements and ordering documents for b2b information and web-based products and services, including data, software, SaaS, professional services, and consulting and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advises and works with business to draft, review, negotiate, and process a variety of agreements and ordering documents; typically manages requested changes of high frequency and/or high complexity.
- Assist with leading activities with Sales, Services and Legal team management
- Gain familiarity with contract processes and procedures and works to find ways to improve those processes and procedures.
- Initiate and execute special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Mature analytical, negotiating and drafting skills.
- Extensive oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests for support and to manage turnaround expectations.
- 8-11 years relevant experience or comparable education.
- Prior in-house contract experience preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience drafting complex commercial agreements and negotiating complex commercial deals.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Paralegal or other credentials are desirable, but not required.
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required
- Must be able to speak German