Description of function
Designs and delivers geological analysis and interpretation to development operations. Provides a wide range of technical advice and support in the geological field.
Reservoir & Development Geology
- Manages the geological interpretation of fields, and incorporation of offset well data, geologic models, seismic information and petrophysical data. -
- Produces required reservoir models (porosities, permeabilities, saturation).
- Builds geo – cellular models as well and filed level to support planning and forecasting well and filed performance.
- Supports evaluation and recommendation of reserves under SEC and PRMS guidelines to management and internal/external reserve auditors.
- Performs uncertainty and risk analysis of investment opportunities.
- Works closely with the other geoscientist in the company to ensure quality control and data management of other geological data.
- Represents the team in partner meetings, peer reviews and to management as required to support decision-making
- Responsible for geological database and quality control and data management related to field geological data and seismic data.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensures compliance with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the feasibility analysis function to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensures the effective achievement of Reservoir Development functional objectives through the leadership of the Reservoir Development team – setting individual goals, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Director of Exploration & Production on reservoir development issues.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Development of Position
- Leads a culture of continuous improvement and promotes new technologies that would increase productivity and reduce cost. Conducts technical research to be utilised for field development, exploration and drilling plans. Recommends subsequent actions to top management.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Geology or related subject preferably with a higher degree (i.e. Master or PhD)
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 10 - 12 years’ experience in reservoir geology