Description of function
Our client is looking for a Senior Drilling Supervisor to join their team.
- Directs, supervises, and controls the activities of assigned personnel in allocating work and determining priorities.
- Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority as established by Management.
- Reviews and endorses invoices.
- Ensures that the daily operations on the rig are reported accurately, confirming costs, and discuss completed operations with Supervisor.
- Discusses the operations plan with concerned parties, verifies and approves the rig requirement for equipment, material, and manpower before raising request form.
- Assigns and directs certain tasks to well engineer for further investigation and ensures receiving feedback.
- Calls for meetings, as necessary, to discuss operations problems/improvements and communicates results to concerned personnel.
- Reviews data sheets received and modifies work plan to acquire cost effective means.
- Reviews and amends drilling, work over and re-entry detailed instructions in consultation with Supervisor.
- Discusses proposals with subordinates and Supervisor modifies as necessary.
- Arranges for the pre-spud meeting on the rig to discuss the Well instructions and highlights important issues.
- Participates in the investigation and reporting of major accidents and high potential incidents and makes necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures strict adherence to Company’s safety standards and procedures.
- Carries out frequent Group safety meetings self-inspection and self-auditing to ensure plant and equipment are properly maintained.
- Implements and maintains HSE programme.
- Conducts risk assessments and prepares special procedures for non-routine operations and activites.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years' experience in drilling operations of which at least 5 years should have been in a supervisory capacity in onshore exploratory drilling.