Description of function
The Senior Process Engineer will provide first line process engineering support to the plant operations. This position will work closely with the Plant Manager and Operations Superintendent to exploit the plant capability to maximise gas delivery, and liquids recovery managing the process to maximise the efficiency of both primary & secondary condensate recovery, while adjusting LPG recovery parameters to most effectively meet market demand.
The Senior Process Engineer will work with the operations management to ensure the safe and efficient operation of gas processing facilities, NGL and LPG recovery plants. This team is responsible for the planning of all the plant operations and maintenance activities, delivery of essential capital works and improvement projects from project definition to construction and commissioning, facilities engineering support for day to day activities, and the delivery and management of an Asset Integrity and Maintenance Management System, all to be in compliance with relevant HSE sand engineering standards
To be the Technical Authority for process MoC’s and associated engineering quality control
To optimise and maintain the plant process by using HYSIS, Flownet and other appropriate industry standard software and to identify debottlenecking opportunities.
Safety Analysis & Responsibilities –
- Conducts baseline process assessments of plant facilities.
- Analyses results of these assessments and distils them into conclusions to present to management
- Prepares technical aspects of process improvement measures.
- Liaises with head office Process Engineers to ensure planned process changes are peer reviewed.
- Conducts initial process engineering related evaluations in coordination with Plant Operations and Plant Facilities Engineering.
Process Engineering Duties and Responsibilities –
- Train Operations & Maintenance personnel on process-related matters
- Develop and enhance data-gathering, conduct de-bottlenecking studies, and increase LPG production.
- Conduct liquid product specification studies and develop optimum means of plant enhancing liquids revenues.
- Conduct dynamic studies of Plant, and tune plant to enhance availability/reliability.
- Undertake process studies of plant rotating and processing equipment, to determine actual vs design performance.
Reporting and Communication –
- Reports to the Principle Facilities Engineer on all issues relating to engineering process safety.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position –
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improvement on continues basis particularly those related to Process Engineering analysis and procedures. Recommends subsequent actions to Asset and Senior Operations Management.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required –
Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or related qualification
Minimum Professional Experience Required –
Minimum of 15 Years in Engineering, preferably Process Engineering with at least 5 years with operating facilities. Alternately, a minimum of 5 years Process Engineering experience in operating facilities and a Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering. 5 Years of HAZOP, HAZAN, Quantitative Risk Assessment, HAZAN, and similar technical safety analyses methodologies.