Description of function
Provide production technology expertise to the company's Exploration and Petroleum Engineering department to deliver production targets through rigorous well surveillance and intervention planning, and to support upcoming projects in developing well and completion design that include fraccing stimulation technique, ‘sand control’ provisions or artificial lift where required.
- Provide comprehensive Production Technology expertise to the subsurface study teams in the Petroleum Engineering organization and assist in field development studies, development plan revisions and so ensure optimal exploitation of hydrocarbons.
- Ensure technical quality of PT inputs and deliverables including calibrated well inflow and outflow models for planning new wells, production enhancement and coordinate WRFM surveillance activities on existing wells (example PLTs, caliper logs, well stimulations, fraccing design and optimization).
- Provide detailed well programmes any well interventional/operations and perform operational duty during operations
- Make recommendations and provide completion requirements, well integrity management, well reliability and conformity management, artificial lift requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Well Integrity Policy and be accountable for well integrity
- Aids the integrated operation system and so full field production delivery with production system debottlenecking efforts, well delivery optimization, integrating reservoir and production system simulations.
- Co-ordinate with all relevant service providers to ensure that all services provided are properly documented, checked, and entered into company data base system
- Prepares high quality written and verbal technical reports and presentations for management review.
- Ensure a timely delivery of production technology deliverables
- Supervise junior engineers and trainees.
- Keeps abreast of new development and best practices in the field of production technology and well performance and ensures that team members are provided with such information to improve work effectiveness and efficiency.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 12 years related work experience in oil and gas experience, preferably in production, completion with affinity to reservoir engineering especially on fractured carbonate field and tight gas fields
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
- Middle East experience in tight carbonate facies gas/condensate wells. Experience with fracking operations is highly beneficial