Description of function
The (Subsea Projects Quality Manager / Subsea Projects Lead Quality Engineer) shall lead, organise, manager and control the QA/QC activities performed by the Company’s projects team.
- Project Manager / Director
- Project / Package Engineers
- Discipline Engineers (e.g. Controls, Pipeline, Materials, Welding, Pre-commissioning)
- Document Controller
- Project Controls Lead
- SHE-Q Manager
- QA Manager
- Independent Verification Body / Independent Certification Authority
- Suppliers and Subcontractors
- 3rd Party Inspectors and Inspection Agencies
- Provide a focal point for all Subsea Project Quality matters both internally and externally (as identified as above)
- Ensuring that Quality objectives are met during design, construction, transport and installation stages of the projects
- Ensuring Subcontractors / Suppliers Quality Management Systems are in accordance with project requirements Standards
- Supervise, co-ordinate and control QA/QC matters for the supply of materials, fabrication, installation, transport and construction for onshore and offshore scopes of works
- Ensuring attendance by competent QC and 3rd Party Inspection personnel for all necessary inspections, SIT's and FAT's when required
- Ensuring that all NCR's, audit findings and other quality related issues are reported to the project and monitored until resolved, providing technical / QC input where required (including root cause analysis and investigation) and ensuring effective / efficient closeout.
- Prepare and issue for use, Project Quality Plans, to ensure the expectations and needs of the Project, Client and the overall Company's operational and quality needs are met.
- Raise and implement related Project Quality procedures including but not limited to: Project As-Built Management, Management of Change, Quality Surveillance / Inspection Control, Project Verification Activities
- Liaise with IVB / ICB to ensure effective management of project verification activities
- Liaise with Client to ensure effective management of project quality activities
- Provide effective technical assistance to the Project Team on all QA/QC Risks
- Co-ordinate the project quality surveillance / inspection resources (including any Third Party Inspection activities)
- Monitor the TQ register and Non-Conformance registers to ensure that variations to project requirements are treated correctly.
- Undertake and lead / participate in internal and external audits.
- Review Subcontractor / Supplier ITT proposals and Conduct Quality (and assist with Technical) bid evaluations
- Conduct critical assessments of equipment and suppliers to ascertain the required inspection levels and ensure these are implemented in the relevant ITP's.
- Review and approve Subcontractor / Supplier documentation including, but not limited to: Quality Plans, Inspection and Test Plans, Drawings, Welding, NDT, Coating, Manufacturing, Hyrotesting specifications and procedures.
- Liaise with Project Manager and project team members on a daily basis providing feedback on performance of Subcontractors / Suppliers.
- Assist with evaluation and approval of potential suppliers prior to their addition to the Approved Vendor List (AVL) in order to maintain a supply base capable of supporting the projects
- Conduct ad-hoc audits or root cause investigations into particular quality problems so that effective solutions, corrective and preventive measures can be identified and implemented within the Company's Management System
- Provide guidance, general support and awareness training to all levels of staff on the operation, maintenance and continual improvement of the company's Quality Management System
- Assist in the maintenance and revision as required, of processes and procedures relating to Quality Assurance and Quality Control within the business
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a similar role
- HND or equivalent in an Engineering discipline preferred
- Relevant Vocational Qualifications (CSWIP, ICORR, BGAS, FROSIO, PCN, ASNT)
- Trained and Certified Lead Auditor
- Time served apprenticeship in relevant discipline