Description of function
The successful candidate should have a strong commitment to the company’s HSE Policy. The role is ongoing with a 3 months’ probation period followed by rolling 6 month review.
- Manage and deliver all aspects of onshore/offshore engineering work
- Carry our mechanical engineering and design for subsea oilfield operation.
- Prepare calculations and perform mechanical/structural analysis as required
- Support and supervision of design/drafting personnel
- Preparation of specifications for procurement/manufacture/fabrication of appropriate items and equipment
- Sub-contract and Vendor liaison, management and expediting
- Preparation of onshore test/FAT and offshore operations procedures
- Technical oversight and supervision of onshore testing as required
- Technical oversight and supervision of offshore operations
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Candidates should ideally be degree qualified in mechanical or related discipline.
- Candidates with HND or HNC qualification or similar will be considered, subject to demonstrable track record.
- Offshore survival certificate
- Relevant medical certification
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- 5-10 years’ experience in the subsea engineering, equipment and operations sector.
- Previous experience of the design manufacture, testing and installation/operation of subsea wellhead/xmas tree and subsea production equipment
- Good working knowledge of applicable industry mechanical, piping, subsea codes and standards.
- Sound materials engineering awareness. Capable of producing detailed design calculations and performing computer based analysis (e.g. ANSYS) finite element analysis and the like.
- CAD drafting capability desired, however the candidate must have the ability to translate designs into drawings for manufacture and installation/operation working with/supervising design and drafting personnel.
- Vessel based experience, deep water preferred.
- Previous experience of installation of subsea Xmas Tree/Choke/Intervention equipment from a Rig/DSV/RSV
- Previous experience of offshore Scale Squeeze/Acid stimulation/Pumping treatments would be highly desirable
- Electrohydraulic controls experience highly desirable
Additional Skills/ Qualities
- Charted Engineer status desirable.
- Self-starter able to work alone and set targets and priorities in support of the wider business/project goals.
- Willingness for potential overseas travel to manufacturing and offshore sites