Description of function
Our client is currently resourcing for a Tender Engineer to assist them in Aberdeen.
The main duties associated with the role, include but are not limited to:
- Take overall responsibility for tender content, preparation, presentation and submission.
- To coordinate the compilation of the tender and pre-qualifications submission documentation either for electronic or hard copy submission from receipt to close out.
- Prepare and present relevant information to Management, for review and approval.
- Focal point with the client during tender process through to contract handover with operations.
- Responsible for ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with by relevant departments, including the co-ordination with operations and legal department to ensure compliant tender submission.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all tender and pre-qualifications registers and databases.
- Continually monitor and improve on company bidding practices.
- To comply with company's policies.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate should be degree qualified or have extensive work experience with HNC/HND qualifications in associated background.
- Previous experience within a proposals / tendering environment in offshore, subsea, oil and gas and/or renewable industry.
- Knowledge of diving and ROV operations.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with a range of software programmes including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Projects and Excel.
- Report writing skills and a high level of English writing skills are required.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to produce and analyse tenders.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (written, verbal and listening) with the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
- Able to support and interface with people at all levels with a strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to multitask and ensure effective delivery of priorities to meet operational demands.