Description of function
Working closely with our senior leadership team across the wider region, the business generation team is responsible for driving growth within the Infrastructure and Real Estate sectors through positioning, bidding, brand enhancement, pipeline generation and key account management. As Bid Coordinator, you will play a key role in the creation of unique, detailed, accurate bid submissions that will contribute to the continued growth and success of the business.
- Work with relevant members of the team to, write and produce draft documents and bid responses in accordance with company standards
- Manage bid timetable to ensure bid team members respond in line with bid plan with bid plan and that all deadlines are met and that bids are submitted on time and in the correct manner
- Review bid document and pull together previous relevant bids, best practice answers from bid portal and systems
- Proofing and editing colleague’s bid response documents, ensuring each document contains required information required to create a successful, winning bid
- Work with other Bid Specialists as a community of practice to ensure a consistent quality of bids
- To work towards improving and enhancing the standard and effectiveness of written responses in conjunction with the Bid Team and the community of other Bid Specialists
- Work in conjunction with Business Generation to ensure central bid library is kept up to date and bids are filed, meta tagged and best practice answers and unique questions identified to build the bid portal.
- Support the management of the Contacts and Marketing database and assist as required with regional Business Generation activities, including event management.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject, such as Marketing, English or Graphic Design.
Essential Technical Criteria
- Demonstrable experience at producing draft bid responses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced in Microsoft office, including SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience of working with bid portals and / or electronic document management systems
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks
Essential Behavioural Criteria
- Building relationships
- Commercial focus
- Delivering quality
- Drive and commitment
- Working with others, including high level personnel
- Ability to work autonomously
Desirable Technical Criteria (but Not Essential)
- Association of Bid Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) Practitioner (or working towards)
- APMP Certification is preferred but not essential
- Indesign software experience is preferred but not essential