Description of function
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives.
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters.
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues.
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project.
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan.
- Advising upon the procurement of resources.
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team.
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance.
- Managing the change control process.
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances.
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications.
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports.
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
Marketing and business development, to include –
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities.
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work.
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors.
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline.
- Experience managing Manufacturing projects, ideally in a consultancy environment.