Description of function
Our client is looking for a full-time Subsea Project Engineer to join them at their office in Aberdeen.
The Subsea Project Engineer shall be responsible for providing the full technical, commercial and safe execution to any task set by the appointed Project Manager. Whilst appointed to a project, the Subsea Project Engineer shall be accountable for a certain part of the workscope, if not several, and shall be responsible to take the allocated task offshore and execute installation.
- Ensure that all engineering is executed safely and efficiently and is of a high quality.
- Ensure Client focus is maintained.
- Ensure that the project engineering adheres to IMS processes and procedures.
- Ensure that engineering discipline is maintained.
- Ensure vessel / project interfaces are managed effectively.
- Review all technical project documentation at contract award and highlight changes and/or discrepancies between pre-award and contract documentation and deficiencies in tender method statements.
- Manage Service Departments within the project team.
- Co-ordinate the generation of procurement, fabrication and installation documentation (scopes of work, procedures, lift plans, drawing sketches, etc).
- Ensure technical accuracy of procurement, fabrication and installation documentation including compliance with contract requirements.
- Prepare and Delivery presentations of the offshore operations during third party reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of fabrication and offshore “as-built” documentation packages.
- Prepare and deliver project briefings to Offshore personnel.
- Ensure offshore personnel involved with the project works fully understand all relevant project documentation and requirements to include all safety and quality related.
- Witness points.
- Ensure technical accuracy and compliance of offshore construction and inspection activities with contract requirements.
- Ensure, where necessary, Management of Change process is adhered to and generate MOC documentation.
- Act as Focal Point for the resolution of technical queries and issues raised during the performance of the offshore campaign.
- Be accountable to the Project Manager / Offshore Project Manager for all engineering aspects of offshore operations.
- Compile and work with Dive Supervisors in generation of Dive Plans.
- Review Daily Progress Reports (prior to issue) for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Act as Focal point for compilation of “as-built” documentation.
- Be accountable for the expediting of equipment On-Hire - Off-Hire and delivery and the return of all internal project equipment.
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An engineering Qualification and or relevant demonstrable experience with a working knowledge of Subsea / Topside installation techniques, equipment and methods; rigging and Seafastening; fabrication/construction methods, isolations barriers and general subsea installation practices.
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel & Word and Offshore.
- Current Medical and Survival certificates.