- The Senior Operations Engineer shall have technical responsibilities in the execution of projects and operations. On smaller projects or Operational scopes they may have responsibility to deliver the project scope, on larger projects they shall contribute as part of a multi-discipline project team. These projects vary from Engineering, R&D, Installation & Operational scopes, and are generally to support the Subsea and topsides onshore/offshore production enhancing and decommissioning based Company product line.
- Responsible for all aspects of off-site assembly supervision, onshore or offshore installation, Operations and maintenance.
- Perform conceptual and detail engineering studies based on the requirements specified by the project, tendering team or directly from the client.
- Respect the design rules and procedures in force within the Group, Client and industry norm. Where applicable they shall propose designs and/or solutions which must be economic, safe and in accordance with customer requirements.
- They shall be able to document their design/solutions/analysis in the form of written reports and be able to present their findings concisely in meetings. They shall be able to efficiently communicate their design concept to Draughting and other personnel to optimize the design and manufacture process.
- They shall be knowledgeable and experienced with Vessel and ROV operations / limitations.
- They shall be required to witness and co-ordinate assembly, testing, commissioning, and operation at onshore/offshore locations worldwide.
- Familiar with common project management tools and practices.
Specific Tasks –
- To be responsible for the safe and efficient Assembly, Installation and Maintenance of all Company product line.
- To perform design and engineering work related to all existing and future Company product lines.
- Lead offshore installation teams, Supervise other members within team.
- Modify/Create/Check/Approve drawings and technical documents, Operational procedures etc
- Commitment to Company and Client HSE policies. Actively promote good HSE practices.
- To support the project teams and tendering teams as required.
- Participate in design reviews, HAZID’s, HAZOP’s etc
- Maintain upkeep of asset maintenance records/EIAS (Equipment Integrity Assurance Scheme).
- Develop customer contact skills.
- Contribute to IP development.
- Interface Management.
- Project management.
- Implement engineering designs and solutions in compliance with Health & Safety Legislation.
- Ensure that project and company quality procedures together with business management systems are implemented at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is produced in compliance with legislation, codes and standards and client requirements.
- Ensure that design documents produced in-house are technically correct clear / understandable.
- Apply sound engineering principles in the preparation of calculations, specifications, reports, schedules, drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges.
- Carry out, check calculations, specifications, reports, schedules, drawings/sketches and other documentation.
- Technically review designs/solutions produced by design team, for correctness, compliance with all standards, completeness and manufacturability and instigate changes and improvements using relevant document control procedures.
- Participate in & run internal or external project review meetings.
- Internal/External project Document control.
- Upkeep and housekeeping of project files and folders.
- Upkeep and control of internal and external Rolling Action Lists (RALs).
- Assist PM Managing the project schedule, identifying the critical path issues and developing mitigation actions to ensure on-time delivery.
- Participate with Project Risk Management, identification of risks and mitigation plans.
- Assist/Stand in for Project Manager as required.
- Assist PM in regular reporting to management and stakeholders.
- Participate when required in departmental improvement projects, highlight areas for improvement.
- Mentor less experienced Engineers and Technicians.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
External Interfaces –
Customers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Inter departmental.
Internal Interfaces –