Description of function
Wernink International are currently resourcing for a Senior Contracts Engineer for our operator Oil and Gas client based in in the UAE.
Overview of duties –
- Review scopes of work, assist in development of suitable pricing structures, prepare tender documents with suitable conditions whilst ensuring that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Formulate suitable tender strategies depending upon the scope, value, type and time schedule, with inclusion of the proposed bidders list for committee approval.
- Develop, issue and administer tenders for approved strategies and required contracts.
- Coordinate technical evaluations, conduct commercial evaluations, and obtain Bid Committee approval for award.
- Prepare Letters of Intent and Contracts.
- Carry out post award contract administration.
Reporting and Communication –
Supervisory responsibilities –
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Engineering / Supply Chain / Sciences or related field.
MCIPS or other equivalent designations and credentials will be an advantage.
- 10-12 years professional experience working on high value complex O&G projects, executing Pre and Post Award Contract Management on Major Construction Projects with individual Contract Values >$10M up to $500M and total project values >$100M.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality results for high value contracts.
- Experience working in large multi-national corporations will be an advantage.
- Occasional travel to locations of Company operations will be required.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience reviewing and assessing claims for high value complex contracts would be an asset.
- Must have had experience working from pre-award stage on major EPC O&G projects.
Core Competencies –
- Strong organizational, Administrative and planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong relationship and influencing skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge sharing
- Time management
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under stress
Behavioural Competencies –
- Tact and good judgment in dealing with sensitive issues
- Team player
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and confidentiality
- Proactive approach
- Alertness and attention to details
Functional Competencies –
- Knowledge of Pre & Post Award Contract Activities
- Knowledge of Claims mitigation, analysis and settlement
- Good negotiation skills