Description of function
Based in Aberdeen, the Senior Project Engineer role will provide effective Engineering, and Technical Assurance of the product and Services. To assist the Project Manager execute a project to an agreed specification and within an agreed budget and schedule. The projects vary from studies, equipment supply and aftermarket service/supply projects
Key Interfaces –
Working Requirements –
The Senior Project Engineer shall have technical responsibilities in the execution of projects. On smaller projects they shall have responsibility to deliver the project scope, on larger projects shall contribute to a multi-discipline project team. These projects vary from engineering, procurement, manufacture and test projects, in support of Subsea and topsides onshore/offshore production enhancing based activities.
They shall perform conceptual and detail engineering studies based on the requirements specified by the project, tendering team or directly from the client.
They shall be able to take conceptual design and fully engineer to manufacture level drawings and specifications.
They shall respect the design rules and procedures in force within the Group, Client and industry norm. They shall propose designs which must be economic, safe and in accordance with customer requirements.
They shall be able to document their design/analysis in the form of written reports and be able to present their findings concisely in meetings. They shall be able to efficiently communicate their design concept to Draughting and other personnel to optimize the design and manufacture process.
They shall be/become familiar with Vessel and ROV operations / limitations, to improve design, operational schedule, procedures and safety.
They shall be required to witness and co-ordinate assembly, testing, commissioning, and operation at onshore/offshore locations worldwide.
Time to time they shall be required to lead/work as part of the installation or operations team at onshore/offshore locations worldwide.
They shall be familiar with common project management tools and practices.
Specific Tasks: To perform all design and engineering work related to all existing and future Company product lines –
CAPABILITY PROFILE; KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with multi discipline project teams.
- Adhere to strict deadlines and deliver a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient user of Autocad Inventor, Microsoft excel, word and powerpoint.
- Excellent organisational and housekeeping skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability within role to meet the demands of a changing project and organisational needs.
- Good understanding of project management principles (Further training can be provided).
- Have an understanding of safety regulations and responsibilities together with methods to control and reduce safety related risks.
- Have an excellent understanding on design codes used in the manufacture of Subsea oil and gas related equipment.
- Understand and apply the principles of pressure vessel design.
- Understand and apply the principles of pipework design.
- Understand and apply the principles of heat transfer.
- Understand and apply the principles of FEA.
- Understand the properties of mechanical engineering materials including limitations, alternatives, reasons for selection, the effects of their interaction and the appropriate tests that can be carried out to ensure specification compliance.
- Capable of producing high quality written reports.
- Capable of managing small to medium sized projects.
- Previous Engineering experience (10 years plus) gained within a relevant industry/OEM.
- Possess a good working knowledge of hydraulic and electric controls systems.